Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Blog 7: College Life

I am really excited about being a senior, but the path that my college friends are on is starting to scare me. They have returned to reality and are no longer flying high because they are "mature" and "grown-up". I knew it wouldn't be easy, but it seems to be quite hard from what I have heard. Some of my friends have decided that staying in Owensboro was their best choice, but remaining at home was not an option. I don't think I really understand why someone would put extra stress on his or herself when they could live at home for free where there is always the comfort of family. Moving into an apartment, although exciting, honestly boggles my mind. When you move in with friends, you never know what could happen. There could be a big fight and you are still stuck living with that person. One of my closest friends is coming to me with all of the issues that she has to work out, how she has two jobs, and how she is scared that she may not even be able to make ends meet. Although my college experience will be a completely different story than those that choose to stay at home, I am beginning to get a little uneasy about the whole being on my own thing.

1 comment:

  1. Stay focused and don't allow others to make decisions for you, and you will be good. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders!

    ReplyDelete